Boogie Woogie ?


Here we go Lockdown 2, well I decided that I will make a conscious effort to try and write new music and do something. I have had this massive writers block for over 4 years now. In essence every time I try to write something I feel that I am just re working the same thing. Songs in the same tempo, key and chord structure, so I decided to just stop.

 

This is why in recent times I have just recorded a couple covers and re worked a few old songs. It’s a strange time, I have many wonderful musicians that I can call on to work on stuff, the problem is that I don’t have the material to work with.

 

With All Living Fear we are working on songs, and they all have one thing in common, Andy has written them all. He’s got plenty of material, so fingers crossed we will have a new album. We are thinking of getting it on in 2022 as it will be the 30th anniversary of the band and Me and Andy will both be 50 *(Michael and Paul might be a little bit older!!) .

One thing I have never explored is the concept of composing on a piano. Yep I dabble on synths, but that’s more for adding sounds after the main song has been composed.

Before lockdown 2 I had to record some overdubs with mike Westbrook and used my Digital piano to do it. After I took it home rather than to where its stored, and I now have it set up in the living room to see what pans out.

Its very good fun, and I get why so many guitar players prefer to write on piano. I hope this will yield something very soon I will keep you posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GP Electronics Amplifiers designed and built in Bovey Tracey

Roger Waters - This is not a Drill - Prague - In the Cinema 25th May 2023

My Name Is Ottilie BBC Four - Could this be the worst music documentary of all time?