BBC Radio Playlist for 25th January 2013


Well this week on BBC radio Devon I had a true mixed bag of tunes to play.
First off was the opening track ‘All that patience brings’ from the debut CD album by ‘Laurence made me Cry’ AKA Jo Whitby, I saw LMMC at a gig in Cardiff a couple of years ago where they were on the same bill as my friend Erin Lang, it was a great gig so I very much looked forward to the album that does not disappoint one little bit. 



Following that was a CD re issue of the Trader Horn album ‘Morning way’, an almost impossible album to find, and a great mix of acoustic folk inspired tunes by miss Jusy Dyble and Jackie McAuley. I picked the title track a wonderful song.


The band that had the most feedback was Exeter’s ‘Hurricane Horse’ I picked a track from the bands debut cd ‘Reflections’ they have a great Neil Young inspired country rock sounds. The song picked ‘Fog of Confusion’.


Last was my vinyl pick this was ‘Michael viners Incredible Bongo Band’ from the album ‘Bongo rock’ and his take on the track ‘Apache’ of course made famous by ‘The Shadows’. This was a LP that was a flop at the time, but by the rise of sampling by bands like The Beastie Boys it has a cult status and has since been re issued.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GP Electronics Amplifiers designed and built in Bovey Tracey

Roger Waters - This is not a Drill - Prague - In the Cinema 25th May 2023

My Name Is Ottilie BBC Four - Could this be the worst music documentary of all time?