Two nights in Bristol 26th September 2010

So on a very nice Sunday afternoon I ventured up the M5 to Bristol to play 2 little gigs in the city.
The first one was at a place called The Rose Of Denmark, now I cant count how many times I have been plat this venue in the last 20 years going to various gigs in the City, but on this occasion I actually set foot in the place.
Was a bit odd when I got there as most of the pub was having a roast dinner, while a PA was being set up in the same room and soon after backline and drum kits were being piled in.





Still I was on first so bang on 4pm I took to the stage.

The first set consisted of

Fortunes Light
Feel
Friends Forever
Love is a Spirit
Broken Dream


The set went down OK and it was good to have some decent monitoring while playing.
So after the set we ventured into the main city centre, was very useful that a lot of street parking was free no a Sunday. Had a late lunch at a place called
Zerodegrees wasn’t bad there they did a good Pizza.

Then off to the Urban Wood, a nice small bar again with a good PA and they served decent coffee too. Played a longer set too.





Fortunes Light
Feel
Twenty Nine Point Nine
To Behold
Love Is A Spirit
Broken Dream

After the set I had to hang about as I had left my top at the previous venue, but the promoter was going to pop it over. We then headed to the James Street Vault to see Geoff Horsey’s set of Blues and Folk, this guy is an incredible Harmonica player.

By 12.30 pm collapsed into bed, was a good day out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GP Electronics Amplifiers designed and built in Bovey Tracey

Roger Waters - This is not a Drill - Prague - In the Cinema 25th May 2023

The South West Music Awards 2013