Hi all

Well it was a busy one this weekened

On friday I had rehearsal with Niall for the gig at the Underworld, practice was pretty good, then I had to go into work as we had a Cure Disintegration special on Radio Devon. This included an interview with Roger, 6 Music had the producer but I got a member of the band, well not that its especially difficult for me to do that haha! You can download it here.


Saturday I went to the Exmouth festival, I had been booked to do a short acoustic set, when I set off it was raining and I figured nobody would be there, I could hear the gig on the radio as I was driving up and it sounded like it was reasonably busy, and the sun did come out.

There was a lot of quality acoustic acts there, and I was rather nervous about it to be honest, there was at least 1000 people there, still about an hour later than advertised I got on stage, and did just 2 songs

Fortunes light and a long version of To Behold.

It went down really well far better than I thought it would do. Afterwards it was off to Ashburton for the Ashburton Blues Festival, specifically to see Peter Green. Now I have seen him once before, and to be honest it was a rather disturbing show, he has been dragged out, hardly played a note, it was like the backing band were using him as a name to bring people in. This was a totally different gig, yes he walked on quietly and had to sit, but he also played with real emotion and intensity, the fact that he did Rattlesnake Shake was awesome to say the least, he opened the set with Key to the highway, and did bet part of 90 minutes set. His harmonica playing was also rather awesome. So all in all a great gig.

Sunday, this was the day of our gig at the Camden underworld, for some reason or another we got there early the traffic was very kind to us this time, Soundcheck went well and we had a reasonable stage time of 8pm. By the time we got on there was a reasonable number of people in and we played a 30 minute set. We did

To Behold
Jessica
Wait For Yesterday
Destiny
Hey You
Stranger To None
Twenty Nine Point Nine


The set was well received though we had really bad sound on stage and could hardly hear the drums let alone my vocals so It did go a little all over the place in the middle. But hey it was the underworld, and it’s a great venue and the out front sound was spot on.

There is a video made from the footage of this gig. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJ4rpug-sHg

So a busy weekend, off to Cambridge next.
Here are a couple photos taken by Graham Racher there are more here http://www.flickr.com/photos/wanderlustg/4655140923/in/set-72157624171965630/






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

GP Electronics Amplifiers designed and built in Bovey Tracey

Roger Waters - This is not a Drill - Prague - In the Cinema 25th May 2023

The South West Music Awards 2013